Fri, Jun 23|
Hyatt Regency Long Island
2023 Curvy Girls Scoliosis International Convention: BACK TOGETHER!
Time & Location
Jun 23, 3:00 PM EDT – Jun 25, 2:00 PM EDT
Hyatt Regency Long Island, 1717 Motor Pkwy, Hauppauge, NY 11788, USA
About the Event
Join Curvy Girls from all over the world for a weekend of empowerment, learning, and community building. Our biennial Convention is open to Leaders and members of local Curvy Girls' groups, as well as girls with scoliosis and their families who are ready to learn and have fun!
For travel information, click HERE.
All-inclusive Tickets, designed to make it easy to register, cover Convention Registration and Workshops, 6 Meals + 4 Snack Breaks, including Fashion Show & Dinner, and 2-night Hotel Stay at reduced rate. Choose one of the following 3 options:
- Curvy Girl and Parent: All-inclusive ticket for one CG and her parent.
- Curvy Girl Alone (Single Room): All-inclusive ticket for one Curvy Girl (18+) attending without a parent, who wishes to stay in her own hotel room.
- Curvy Girl Alone (Shared Room): All-inclusive ticket for one Curvy Girl attending without a parent, who wishes to share a hotel room.
Add-On Ticket Types:
- Leadership Training Institute: (CG Leaders ONLY) Includes Thursday night hotel stay, Leadership Development Workshops, Friday breakfast, lunch, and 2 snack breaks. (Leadership Training Institute is being graciously covered by Curvy Girls.)
- Additional Convention Attendee: For families registering an additional CG or parent to attend Convention, this ticket includes - Convention Registration - All Workshops - All Meals and Snacks - Fashion Show & Dinner Ticket - Welcome Bag. (Note: 2 parents may not share one registration. If both parents wish to attend, you will have to purchase an additional ticket for a total of 3 tickets.)
- Extra Meals (age 12+): Family members NOT attending Convention, may wish to join us for all meals, including Fashion Show & Dinner on Saturday night.
- Extra Meals (age 3-11): Children NOT attending Convention, may wish to join us for all meals, including Fashion Show & Dinner on Saturday night.
- Fashion Show & Dinner only: Family members NOT attending Convention nor purchasing an Extra Meal Plan may wish to join us for Fashion Show & Dinner on Saturday night.
- Hotel Additional Night(s) Stay: Curvy Girls has secured a block of hotel rooms at a discount rate. If you wish to stay at the hotel before and/or after Convention, you may do so at this discount rate. Select the number of additional days you will be staying.
CG Event Organizer, Dee, will be making all hotel reservations for you at a reduced rate. All-inclusive tickets include a 2-night hotel reservation. Leaders attending the Leadership Training Institute will have Thursday night's hotel stay provided at no cost.
A lot of work goes into planning and organizing Convention. Therefore, we urge you not to cancel, as it causes an enormous amount of work for our staff. Our cancellation policy is:
1. Registration Fees are non-refundable. Hotel Fees are refundable until 30 days prior to arrival. You must cancel by emailing Convention@curvygirlsscoliosis.com.
2. If group fundraising money is used for your Registration and/or Hotel Fees and you cancel, each person will be charged a $100 cancellation fee. Any money raised that will not be used due to cancellation will not be refunded.
3. If Convention is canceled due to unforeseen circumstances, i.e., pandemic, all monies will be refunded.
We understand that convention attendance can be a big expense, and urge all Curvy Girls to fundraise in their community to help offset the costs. You can find our recommendations for fundraising best practices HERE.
A limited number of financial assistance scholarships are available for those experiencing financial hardships. If you would like to apply for a scholarship, email Convention@CurvyGirlsScoliosis.com. Scholarship Applications are due by March 31, 2023.
CG Group Discounts Some Curvy Girls' Groups may have fundraised for their Group. Please email Dee at Convention@curvygirlsscoliosis.com for a coupon code to use when registering.
COVID-19 Vaccine Policy
Curvy Girls is a health-based organization and many of our CGs and their families have co-occurring conditions, so we ask that anyone who registers and attends be vaccinated for the COVID-19 virus prior to attending.
If you have any questions, please contact CG Event Organizer, Dee at Convention@curvygirlsscoliosis.com
This ticket covers all Convention costs -Registration -Workshops, -Meals Friday eve through Sun afternoon -2-night Hotel Stay - Fashion ShowThis ticket covers all Convention costs -Registration -Workshops, -Meals Friday eve through Sun afternoon -2-night Hotel Stay - Fashion Show & Dinner -Welcome Gift Bag(s). *If you are a Curvy Girl attending the Convention without a parent, you can select from having a hotel room to yourself or having a roommate and sharing the cost of the hotel stay.From $737.50 to $1,300.00
For Chapter Leaders ONLY. Join us Friday before the start of Convention for a day of leadership development and training. Includes -Thurs night Hotel Stay -Friday Breakfast, Lunch, Snack -Training. * DON'T FORGET: You will need to purchase your All-inclusive Convention Registration IN ADDITION to this in order to participate in the Convention (Friday night - Sunday).$0.00
Additional Convention Attendee
For families with more than one CG or more than one parent attending Convention, this ticket includes - Convention Registration - All Workshops - All Meals and Snacks - Fashion Show & Dinner Ticket - Welcome Bag$395.00
Extra Meals-only Ages 12+
This Extra Meal Plan is for a family member (ages 3-11) staying with you at the hotel but NOT attending Convention. Covers all meals from Friday dinner through Sunday lunch. Also, includes Fashion Show & Dinner ticket.$350.00
Extra Meals-only Ages 3-11
This Meal Plan is for a family member (ages 3-11) staying with you at the hotel but NOT attending Convention. Covers all meals from Friday dinner through Sunday lunch. Also, includes Fashion Show & Dinner ticket.$175.00
Extra Fashion Show Dinner Tix
This Fashion Show & Dinner ticket is ONLY for family members staying with you at the hotel but NOT REGISTERING for Convention nor purchasing an Extra Meal Plan. This way the rest of your family can attend this special evening of fun.$75.00
Hotel Additional Night(s) Stay
This ticket is to add hotel room nights before AND/OR after Convention. Price is per room, per day (ex. If staying 2 additional nights, you would purchase 2 of these).$167.00
Additional Parent Attendee
For families with more than one parent attending the Convention, this ticket includes: - Convention Registration - All workshops - All meals and snacks - Fashion Show & Dinner Ticket - Welcome bag$395.00